Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Craft Room Redo

I will be moving my lovely craft room from the basement to our main floor. I find that having my craft room in the basement means that I always need to choose between, house work, making dinner, spending time with the kids OR doing crafts. Most of the time everything else comes before crafting. I have a new baby and being three floors away from him during nap time makes me a little nervous. I also run a small paper crafting business and when I have club or classes at my place I am constantly running downstairs to grab things from my craft room. I absolutely love my basement craft room. A lot of thought and planning went into designing my craft room and it makes me a little sad to be moving it. I am moving my craft room to our den. It's a bit smaller so I will need to rearrange my existing furniture. My best friend Tara helped me pick out new wall colours and the layout of my new room. Tara is such a talented designer and is always helping with colours and design. My new craft room is going to be a very trendy yellow and grey. I already have lots of white Ikea furniture, so I think it will come together nicely. Stay tuned for my craft room makeover!

This is the den where my new craft room will be.

This is my basement craft room. I will love all the natural light in the den provided by the big window, but it will take up lots of wall space! I'm going to need to be smart with my organization. I have ten plus years of craft supplies, not to mention my obsession with Michael's grab bags!





No comments:

Post a Comment